iPlayHockey has rebranded our Team of the Month to Group of the Month
What defines an iPlayHockey Group of the Month?
- Sportsmanship/Group Spirit
- The iPlayHockey “Group of the Month” promotion is a free-to-enter contest, designed to recognize groups across Canada who have displayed outstanding commitment to their team or community.
- The contest is open only to legal residents of Canada over the age of 13.
- To enter the contest, you must submit your entry over Facebook, Twitter or Email. Once you have entered for one month, your entry will be considered for future months.
- Upon entering, you are acknowledging that iPlayHockey may share your entry along with any photographs that are submitted on the iPlayhockey.ca website as well as all social media platforms.
- The prize for each winner will be a team set (24 units) of iPlayHockey hats and an iPlayHockey coaching board! Cost of shipping will be covered by iPlayHockey.
Group of the Month - October 2022
Congratulations to iPlayHockey's Group of the Month for October 2022 - Buck-a-Puck for ALS
We are a team of 13-year-old hockey players from Toronto and we recently lost our hockey coach to ALS. ALS is a terminal disease which takes away a person’s ability to talk, walk and eventually breathe. Despite the challenges Coach Steve faced, he continued to coach us – using a text-to-speech app when he lost his voice and working the gate after he lost his ability to skate. Coach Steve was living proof of all the lessons he taught us through hockey: be bold and brave, keep moving, and never stop fighting. To honour our coach and help find a cure, we created a fundraiser called "Buck-a-Puck for ALS." Our goal is to raise $1 Million Dollars for ALS research and care in Canada!
Watch our video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM-GqSJVN_k
Buck-a-Puck for ALS is a nation-wide, hockey-themed fundraiser that raises money in a fun, active and competitive way! Participants are required to shoot a hockey puck for every dollar they raise. Prizes will be given to the participants and teams who raise the most money (and shoot the most pucks!). Some prizes include a coaching session with the Toronto Maple Leaf’s defence coach, a 3 day canoe trip, a $1000 Rec Room experience, a signed Mitch Marner jersey, a PS5 console, an iPhone 13 and more! 100% of the money raised will be donated to the Stevie Fever for ALS Foundation in partnership with the ALS Society of Canada.
Learn more: www.buckapuckforals.com