What defines an iPlayHockey Team of the Month?
- Love for the game
- The iPlayHockey “Team of the Month” promotion is a free to enter contest, designed to promote support hockey teams across Canada.
- The contest is open only to legal residents of Canada over the age of 13.
- To enter the contest, you must submit your entry over Facebook, Twitter or Email. Once you have entered for one month, your entry will be considered for future months.
- Upon entering, you are acknowledging that iPlayHockey may share your entry along with any photographs that are submitted on the iPlayhockey.ca website as well as all social media platforms.
- The prize for each winner will be a team set (24 units) of iPlayHockey hats as well as an iPlayHockey coaching board! Cost of shipping will be covered by iPlayHockey.
Team of the Month - January 2020
Congratulations to iPlayHockey's Team of the Month for January 2020 - the "FOG" hockey group, or "Fun Old Guys"!
FOG was created a few years ago - a bunch of dads had just finished a learn-to-play hockey program that was ending for the summer and wanted to keep the skates going. They knew soon enough that they would be pylons in any rec. league, and really liked the group they were with so Keith Higgins called and booked eight ice times at the rink, found some goalies and the rest is history. They have been running every Sunday night year round.
At the time, most of them that played that first summer were very new to hockey, it looked more like adult TimBits, but now the group has developed with about half playing a second night in leagues and a real good mix of players, There are a few that know the game quite well and have played for years that come out to help and give advice.
It’s hard to keep up to your kids and go out and try a new sport at an older age, so this group was made to learn the game and get some exercise to stay fresh as the group gets older. These guys show great perseverance, and exemplify the true meaning of friendship and family values.
The picture below is their 3rd annual kids vs. parents holiday game!